Sunday, October 10, 2010

Our First Walk and Mom & Holly's Complications

The weather has been absolutely perfect and we couldn't wait to get outside for a walk! It's great exercise for my leg as well. For those of you that don't know, four hours of labor left me with two complications....one being a weak right leg due to femoral nerve compression damage. I basically couldn't extend me knee and had a weak quadricep. I'm a ways from running and stairs are still a challenge but it will heal...they say it can take up to 10 weeks.

So, here's a pic of us getting ready for our first walk!

My other complication was having to come home with a foley catheter due to excessive swelling from long labor. Five days after the delivery day, we had to go in for Holly's first pediatric appointment and I had the lovely foley bag with me. It was also the day I was to remove it and attempt to get by without it which was, thankfully, a success!

I had some cargo pants on and clipped it to one of the side pockets....Thomas had to take a picture saying...."only you could wear a foley bag in style!" Kinda silly, but here's the pic with it attached to my right leg....

So, Miss Holly had a minor complication from labor. She got a little scab on the back of her head that we couldn't believe turned into a little heart!
Thankfully, for the most part, Holly entered this world so perfectly and without any issues! She has slept and fed well from the beginning and 1 month later, she continues to thrive!





No comments:

Post a Comment